Tuesday, November 13, 2007

All that I the woods Witnessed


I am the McPherson Woods,
I have witness enough compared to other woods
The deaths and suffer of confederate soldiers
I really can’t even explain the pain of those soldiers

I hear the word help and all I could say is O my God
The soldiers were dead after a surprising attack
Those Yanks were smart like a fox
In my opinion it was just a buck and gang from God

I could smell fear and the dried blood of the dead bodies
The dead bodies where there with their accoutrements
Yes, I could smell the accoutrements with the smell of leather
But the horror of this attack has left me surprised and shocked

I never thought I was going to be part of this disaster
Just a day before, the first rate I and the confederate soldiers felt was gone
The bones that were used were left beside one of my trunks
The hope was lost; I never again want to see dead soldiers surrounding me
All that was left is scarves and fingerprints and my memories that will never
Be heard, But I witnessed, I sure did witnessed everything

1 comment:

carrie said...

Good poem- very descriptive. Some small spelling errors, but overall very good. Great choice of slang.

46/50 points for this one.